Our Station Avenue service is a combined Care at Home and Housing Support service registered with the Care Inspectorate for people with learning disabilities.
The development consists of six self-contained bungalows, providing a mix of individual and shared tenancies, and is situated close to the Duns Health Centre, and not too far from the centre of Duns, with its shops, chemist and other facilities.
About our service
- we have six high quality homes with built-in assistive technology, personalised to meet our service users’ individual needs
- a mix of personalised, adapted bathroom facilities including wet rooms, showers and baths
- service users in shared tenancies have en-suite facilities as well as access to a shared bathroom equipped with hoists for easy access
- all homes have dedicated laundry facilities
- shared homes have communal lounge and kitchen/dining facilities
- beautiful well-maintained gardens
Service users at Station Avenue are supported by a dedicated, professional staff team who are registered with the SSSC and who work out of bespoke, modern bases on site.
Our support staff work with our service users to maximise their independence using a range of person-centred approaches to:
- help with organising meaningful support plans (StoriiCare)
- support with personal care
- support with healthcare needs and medication
- support to manage physical disabilities
- support with paying bills and with day to day finances
- support to maintain community presence
- support to maintain and develop relationships
- support to attend appointments and meetings
- support with holidays or to access respite
- support to access independent and financial advocacy as required
- support to manage behaviour that can challenge
Our support service is commissioned by the Learning Disability Service with individualised contracts of support for our service users. Service users are all currently in receipt of Housing Benefit and are also in receipt of other benefits.
Accessing the service
Referrals are made through the Scottish Borders Learning Disability Service.
If you would like to speak to a member of staff at Station Avenue, please phone 01361 889138.
Station Avenue Service
29-32 Station Avenue