Benefits Info & Advice

To become a tenant with us, you need to set things up carefully to manage your finances and responsibilities.

Your Housing Officer can advise you about your rights and responsibilities as a tenant. You’ll also find useful information on managing your tenancy in the Tenant Handbook.

If you are taking on a new tenancy, or finding it hard to manage your tenancy, you can also speak to our Tenancy Sustainment Team for help, information and advice on:

  • benefits and completing claim forms
  • settling into your new home as a new tenant
  • budget plans to help you manage paying rent and other bills
  • accessing grant funding for furnishings, carpets or kitchen appliances
  • accessing other services, including Social Work, Citizens’ Advice Bureau, and other support agencies
  • managing the condition of your property
  • managing your tenancy
  • being a good neighbour

All matters are treated confidentially. If you need advice, our team are happy to speak to you on the phone, in the office, or visit you at home.
If you would like to speak to a member of the team, please phone the Tenancy Sustainment Team on 01750 491081, or drop us an email.

You can apply to Scottish Borders Council for housing benefit to help pay your rent, or for a reduction in your council tax. For more information, visit

For information and advice on other benefits and financial support you can visit the main government website.

copyright © 2019 Eildon Group
website cbd