Repairs and Maintenance
Your rent includes a contribution towards the cost of repair and maintenance at your home.
WHO’S RESPONSIBLE FOR REPAIRS AND MAINTENANCE?
In general, we are responsible for bigger jobs, including:
- damage caused by storms, flooding, fire, break-in or vandalism (but not your personal items)
- repairs to new properties in the first year after being built
- repair and maintenance of external and communal areas
- larger facilities and fittings
Your repair and maintenance responsibilities include items such as:
- accidental damage caused by your, your household or visitors
- personal possessions
- individual fittings and equipment
- smaller consumables
- flooring and decoration
This is only a snapshot. Please see the full list in the Tenant Handbook.
For information about major upgrades to properties, find out more about our Modernisation Programme.
I was happy with the repair. It was sorted quickly