Teviot Court, Hawick
Overlooking the river Teviot, our supported housing in Hawick offers independent living in self-contained accommodation, with some support.
Teviot Court, Hawick
Offering a warm and friendly atmosphere, we provide safe, affordable homes where you can enjoy a good quality of life in a community. It is close to Hawick town centre, within easy reach of the High Street, supermarket, GP surgeries, and other amenities. There is also a nearby bus stop for travel to neighbouring towns.
We have 44 high quality single-person and two-person flats which are accessible by a lift over five floors.
– A lunch option can be delivered to site Monday to Friday. There would be an additional charge for this.
– We have staff on site 9 – 5pm Monday to Friday and 9 – 11am at weekends.
– We have a small external covered storage area for mobility scooters.
You can download a copy of our brochure for more information.
Teviot Court is suitable for older people who would benefit from the housing support provided by staff on site during the daytime, and the alarm system connected to a 24-hour alarm centre.
We provide a care and Support service on site but if you require nursing or personal care we can help you get access to it through NHS Borders or Social Work.
To apply for Teviot Court please visit www.eildonhomes.org.uk and complete
our online registration form.
You can also receive assistance to complete the form if this is easier by contacting
When completing the online registration form you will be given an opportunity to let us know about your current housing situation and why you would benefit from a move to our supported housing development. This may include letting us know about any health conditions you have which impact on your ability to manage in your current home.
We have coordinator leads and a small housing support team who visit regularly during the daytime: –
- Monday – Friday
- and for a few hours over the weekend
Please note: staff are not resident, or on duty overnight.
Key features are:
- 24-hour community alarm
- door entry-phone system
- fire detection system
- staff call system
- communal dining room
- shower room with bathing aids
- self-opening main access doors
- overnight guest room with en suite facilities (extra charge)
- mid-day meal in communal dining room, Monday to Friday (extra charge)
- special diets catered for
- mobility scooter storage area
- We maintain and clean all communal areas
- We are responsible for external window cleaning
- We are responsible for the grounds maintenance
You are responsible for the
- electricity bills in your flat
- Council Tax
You pay rent and service charges to us for your accommodation and related property services.
The housing support service is provided by our staff on site and is funded by Scottish Borders Council. Depending on your finances, you may be asked to pay Scottish Borders Council a contribution towards these costs.
If you would like to discuss these charges, or want to find out about Housing Benefit, Income Support and other benefits, our team at Teviot Court will be happy to help you.