Riverside House, Peebles
Overlooking the River Tweed, Riverside House has panoramic views and a tranquil garden setting. It offers independent living in self-contained accommodation, with some support.
Riverside House, Old Town, Peebles
– 32 self-contained one bedroom flats and 1 two bedroom flat over three floors accessible by a lift
– Tenants can choose to partake in a lunch option delivered to site Monday-Friday from external provider, additional charge applies.
– Staff are on site 9am- 5pm Monday – Friday and 9am – 12 noon at weekends.
– Small storage area for mobility scooters, check with local staff for current availability.
– Overlooks the River Tweed, and has panoramic views and a tranquil garden setting. It is close to the town centre and amenities, with access to lovely walks.
You can download a copy of our brochure for more information.
Riverside House is suitable for older people who would benefit from the housing support provided by staff on site during the daytime, and the alarm system connected to a 24-hour alarm centre.
Eildon Care and Support, offer a sheltered housing support service. If you require nursing or personal care, staff will help you to access it through NHS Borders or Social Work.
To apply for Riverside House then please visit www.eildonhomes.org.uk and complete
our online registration form.
You can also receive assistance to complete the form if this is easier by contacting
When completing the online registration form you will be given an opportunity to let us know about your current housing situation and why you would benefit from a move to our supported housing development. This may include letting us know about any health conditions you have which impact on your ability to manage in your current home.
- A co-ordinator leads a small housing support team who visit tenants regularly during the daytime
- a few hours over the weekend
Note: staff are not resident, or on duty overnight.
- 24-hour community alarm
- door entry-phone system
- fire detection system
- staff call system
- communal dining room
- shower room with bathing aids
- self-opening main access doors
- overnight guest room with en suite facilities (extra charge)
- mid-day meal in communal dining room, Monday-Friday (extra charge)
- special diets catered for
- mobility scooter storage area
- We maintain and clean all communal areas
- We are responsible for external window cleaning
- We are responsible for the grounds maintenance
You can find an up-to-date list of the charges for Riverside House in our brochure.
You are responsible for paying your own
- electricity bills in your flat
- and council Tax
As a tenants you pay rent and service charges for your accommodation and related property services.
The housing support service is provided by our staff on site and is funded by Scottish Borders Council. Depending on your finances, you may be asked to pay Scottish Borders Council a contribution towards these costs.
If you would like to discuss these charges, or want to find out about Housing Benefit, Income Support and other benefits, our team at Riverside House will be happy to help you.