Rent & Money Matters

This section has links for paying your rent, benefits, and other money matters. If you’re in difficulty with managing your money, see below for advice.

For the different ways to pay your rent, including allpay, click Pay Your Rent.

For information on how your rent, service and support charges are worked out, click Rents & Service Charges.

For benefits information and links to government websites, click Benefits Info & Advice.

Housing Benefit

If you’re on a low income or unemployed, you may be able to claim housing benefit.

If you get housing benefit, your rent can be paid directly to your landlord. If housing benefit doesn’t cover all your rent, you need to arrange for the shortfall to be paid to Eildon Housing Association each month.

For more information on claiming housing benefit, please see this SBC information.

Eildon staff can help you to fill out the forms – please ask!

Difficulties Paying Your Rent?

Sometimes our tenants face difficult times, or their situation changes. We understand that this can be stressful. If you’re having difficulty paying your rent, please contact us right away.

We can help you to get things sorted by:

  • looking at your income and expenses, and agreeing a reasonable plan, to help you pay your outstanding rent in instalments
  • providing benefits information and advice to make sure you get the benefits you are entitled to
  • referring you to an independent adviser for confidential advice on how to manage your money.

If you don’t pay your rent, you risk losing your home. So if you’re having difficulty with rent payments, please call us as soon as possible on 03000 200 217.

copyright © 2019 Eildon Group
website cbd