Extreme Weather: Advice and guidance
The Met Office has several weather warnings in place across Scotland with the Scottish Borders marked as a YELLOW warning for rain. Storm Babet is likely to bring exceptionally wet and windy conditions across parts of eastern Scotland.
You can check the latest weather warnings from the Met Office here: https://bit.ly/401lSPe
While it’s safe for us to do so, we will be operating our services as usual. Periods of extreme weather are unpredictable and we are constantly keeping an eye on the conditions to make sure our people stay safe. We may need to alter how we operate and could be busier than usual so there could be delays in all emergency responses due to conditions.
We will keep you up to date if any changes are going to have an impact on you. If you do need to get in touch with us please call on 03000 200 217.
While the Yellow Weather Warning is in place you can expect:
• Dangerous driving conditions because of spray and flooded roads
• Road closures and bus and train service delays and cancellations likely
o Train service information is here: https://bit.ly/3Qp1rbP
o Road traffic information is here: https://bit.ly/45yhLeA
• Extensive flooding to homes and businesses is possible, which could lead to collapsed or damaged buildings or structures
o What to do in a flood information is here: https://bit.ly/3Q7hObL
• Fast flowing or deep floodwater is likely, causing danger to life
• There is a chance that communities in flooded areas could be completely cut off, perhaps for several days
• Power and other essential services, such as gas, water or mobile phone service, may be lost
Here are 5 Tips for Staying Safe in Heavy Rain https://bit.ly/3tFw6IT