Access to Information

The Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 gives everyone a right of access to information held by Scottish public authorities.

Under Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (Designation of Persons as Scottish Public Authorities) Order 2019, Registered Social Landlords such as Eildon Housing Association, have been designated as a public authority to whom the terms of the Act apply. This takes effect from 11 November 2019.

The aim of the Act is to increase openness and transparency by allowing people to access information about how decisions are taken and how public services are delivered.

Freedom of Information

The Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (the Act) requires Scottish public authorities to adopt and maintain a publication scheme which has the approval of the Scottish Information Commissioner, and publish information in accordance with that scheme.

Authorities are under a legal obligation to:

  • Publish the classes of information that the authority makes routinely available
  • Tell the public how to access the information and whether information is available free of charge or on payment

Requests must be made in a recordable format.

Environmental Information Requests

You have the right to request environmental information. Requests can be made under the Environmental Information (Scotland) Regulations 2004 (EIRs) and they work in a similar way to Freedom of Information requests.

The charging schedule for Environmental Information Regulations can be found here.

Guide to Information 

We have adopted the Scottish Information Commissioner’s Model Publication Scheme 2018.

This scheme sets out our commitment to making certain classes of information routinely available, such as policies and procedures, minutes of meetings, annual reports and financial information.

We have developed a Guide to Information for this purpose which also contains details of the environmental information that we routinely make available – the full ‘Guide to Information’ can be found here, or you can view the classes of information below.

Contact Us

You can make a request for information by contacting our Data & Information Officer on:


Postal: Data & Information Officer, The Weaving Shed, Dunsdale Road, Selkirk,

If you are unhappy with our decision, or with the way we have dealt with your request, you can ask us to review our decision. If you do not agree with the outcome of this review, you can ask the Scottish Information Commissioner to investigate.

copyright © 2022 Eildon Group
website cbd